Monday, January 28, 2008

Muppet Studios Preparing to Launch a New Series of Graphic Novels

Muppet Studios is planning to release of a brand-new series of graphic novels starring the Muppets. Disney has partnering with Boom! Studios to produce this new series of illustrated adventures starring Kermit and the gang. The deluxe comic books will feature the classic "Muppet Show" family of characters in a whole new set of adventures.

This new comic series is sure to garner a lot of attention from Muppet fans when it debuts ; and you can be sure that I'll keep you updated with more information on these upcoming books as soon as more details become available.

4 comments:

frogboy4 said...

Ooooh! I am very happy about this. If done right it could be a great way to strengthen the Muppet brand while appealing to longtime fans.

I hope it has an attractive style. I did like the pseudo-manga style stuff featuring Fozzie and Pigs in Space a while back, but I'd rather see it look more traditional and less kitchy than that.

Whomever is the artist, they certainly have a lot more resources to work with these days as far as attractive head-to-toe character maquettes.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I Can't Wait!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I wonder what the stories and the art will be like. I can't wait to read them. These sound so cool!

Vaughn Michael said...

This should be great!
I sure hope it happens!