Friday, January 25, 2008

Muppet Show Season Three Coming this Spring!

It's time to play the music. It's time to light the lights. It's time to mark your calendars!

Buena Vista Home Entertainment has just announced the release of the highly anticipated "The Muppet Show: Season Three" DVD box set. The four-disc "special edition" set will include all 24 episodes from the third season of "The Muppet Show" along with an impressive collection of bonus features. This fully-loaded DVD box set of the complete third season is planned to hit store shelves on May 20, 2008... that's less than 117 days away!

Below is a full list of the DVD features which include the classic 1968 documentary "The Muppets on Puppets" (hosted Jim Henson and Rowlf the Dog), plus a new documentary entitled "The Making of The Muppets". Disney has also released an early glimpse at the cover art for the set, featuring the face of Fozzie Bear - and similar to the first two seasons, the set will feature collectible fuzzy packaging.

I will be sure to keep you updated with any other details on this very exciting release as soon I get them.

Episode Listing:
• Kris Kristofferson & Rita Coolidge
• Leo Sayer
• Roy Clark
• Gilda Radner
• Pearl Bailey
• Jean Stapleton
• Alice Cooper
• Loretta Lynn
• Liberace
• Marisa Berenson
• Raquel Welch
• James Coco
• Helen Reddy
• Harry Belafonte
• Lesley Ann Warren
• Danny Kaye
• Spike Milligan
• Leslie Uggams
• Elke Sommer
• Sylvester Stallone
• Roger Miller
• Roy Rogers & Dale Evans
• Lynn Redgrave
• Cheryl Ladd

Bonus Features:
• "The Making of The Muppets" documentary
• "The Muppets on Puppets" vintage documentary
• ...and much more!

Retail Specifications:
• 4-disc DVD collection
• $39.99 suggested retail price
• Release date: May 20, 2008

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I CANT WAIT....Even though I dont like Fozzie. I will love to have this box set. I wonder who will be on the cover for Season 5.

TomH said...

Amazing! Such a quick turnaround after the wait for Season 2. I'm very excited about this!

Fozzie's one of my favorites, and the next natural choice for Season 3. I'm guessing Gonzo for Season 4 and Animal for Season 5.

frogboy4 said...

I'm so happy and hope this starts a 9-12 month release schedule for these sets.

I know the design isn't final, but I wish they'd pick a different picture for the cover art. I was imagining Fozzie with more personality - hiding behind his hat or something. The poser looks a little stiff and odd. Of course I'd buy these in a brown wrapper if it meant getting complete episodes!

Thanks Newsfash for keeping us up to date - and with pictures!!

Vaughn Michael said...

Amazing news and I hope they choose a better image as well even if the one used is ok.
I'm so excited about this and hope the releases keep up also!

Anonymous said...

I know the design isn't final, but I wish they'd pick a different picture for the cover art. I was imagining Fozzie with more personality - hiding behind his hat or something. The poser looks a little stiff and odd. Of course I'd buy these in a brown wrapper if it meant getting complete episodes!

I was hoping for the cover to have Fozzie's feet in front of the red curtians. Since we had Kermit's torso and Piggy's head for previous volumes. That way, if we put them all the covers together we have a crazy looking muppet.

frogboy4 said...

I'm wondering what part of Gonzo would factor into that configuration of Muppets ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering what part of Gonzo would factor into that configuration of Muppets ;)
I would guess it would be Gonzo's right hand holding his trumpet.

Anonymous said...

EXCELLENT! Way to turn it out! Hopefully this will be the continued timing for the rest of the seasons. I like Fozzie in any way, as long as he is identifiable. AND I'm really excited about the bonus features.

Anonymous said...

w00t

my 38th birthday day too
:)

i know what im getting

D
p.s. well done on 3 years (from downunder)

Anonymous said...

Just got Season 2 with the "fuzzy" cover. Does anyone know if you can still find Season 1 with the special cover or is that impossible because there were limited numbers and I'm very late getting the DVD's? (bad Muppet fan :-( )

blogger said...

The season 1 fuzzy cover is still out there and I have recently seen some for sale - although hard to find. You need to find a place that hasn't sold all the copies from their initial order and has had the box on the shelf since August 2005, as the DVDs in the second run were not fuzzy. You might also be able to find some on eBay or a similar site.

Anonymous said...

anyone know if it's subtitled? I need English SDH subtitles on my dvds...