Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Henson to Produce More Webshows

As I reported yesterday, The Jim Henson Company is teaming up with Warner Bros. to launch a new webseries named "S.U.D.S." (or "The Simian Undercover Detective Squad"). Along with this project, I said Henson was also developing other series for Warner Bros., and now details have surfaced on what we can expect to see with these two other series.

Henson is also developing a comedy series in the vein of "Big Brother" or "The Real World". The mock-reality show would feature an all-puppet casts in various reality TV spoofs.

The third web show Henson is planning to produce is a series presentation of the campany’s “Puppet Up! Uncensored” improv show. The company is working to translate the stage show into a full-fledged series for online audiences.

All three of these projects are being created exclusively for Warner Bros and will distributed using the RealNetworks' SuperPass service – a subscription based service that provides premium programming, full-length movies, music downloads and other exclusive media.

I’ll be sure to keep you updated as more information these three exciting new webshows surface.

4 comments:

Vaughn Michael said...

Great so instead of just having them on tv which I allready pay allot for....I'm going to have to pay these people to watch shows on the internet...

Anonymous said...

I know what I've said on the podcast about Puppet Up not being available on TV and such, but I believe this could really be a Good Thing. Especially put together with other new offerings, this could be great! I want to see it on my iPod too, though, so we'll see if that happens.

Anonymous said...

i agree that it stinks we have to pay for Realpass

Otter said...

Everything about this is great, except that they've chosen the unfortunate option of RealPlayer as the only way to view these shows, rather than selling them via iTunes. I'd happily pay $1.99 per episode to see any of these shows, but I'm not paying RealPass one cent to use their clunky, broken, low-quality technology.