Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sesame Street Counts Down to Christmas

Sesame Workshop is planning to produce a brand new holiday special entitled "Elmo's Christmas Countdown". The one-hour television special is planned to air on ABC this holiday season and be one of the must-see holiday events of 2007. Many celebrity guests will appear in the musical extravaganza; including Ben Stiller, Tony Sirico, Steve Schirripa, Jamie Foxx, Jennifer Hudson, Ty Pennington, Alicia Keys, Sheryl Crow and Brad Paisley. Also set to appear are the beloved Sesame Street Muppets; including Elmo, Big Bird, Grover, Oscar the Grouch, Snuffy, Count von Count, and many others. Not much else is known about the project just yet, but I will be sure to keep you posted with more information on this project as it surfaces.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to Playbill.com, Stiller provides the voice of a muppet elf, and the two "Sopranos" guys play Bert and Ernie.

That last part sounds weird.

Trever Rook said...

I would love to hear Frank Oz come back and help with this one. His replacements are doing a wonderful job but I do miss his voice and ad libs.

Anonymous said...

oh wonderfull elmo's the star again...is his star ever going to fade back to just being part of the cast like everyone else.
While I don't hate elmo I just don't see him as special enough to get this much attention.
-Vaughn Michael

Anonymous said...

This started being taped last week and production continues this week. Marty Robinson had his characters covered by another puppeteers because he was at a puppet festival.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about Elmo, but who knows what makes kids fall in love with one character vs. another. Elmo's not necessarily my favorite character, but I love watching my 10-month old nephew playing with him and connecting with Sesame Street characters so early. I guess I can't argue with that!

Anonymous said...

Steve it's like I said I don't hate Elmo I used to mind you when the entire let's hate Elmo because he segregated the cast of Sesame Street came along but now it's not that bad I just still find that the love of family is missing from the show that it once had.
It used to feel like a street it now sort of feels like Each character is off in it's own world allot of them don't even interact with each other anymore.
I really think that's the biggest issue it's not even Elmo it's the togetherness and love of a group is gone.
-Vaughn Michael

Anonymous said...

Joanna, my search-fu is weak. Which playbill article?

Steve and Vaughn, you guys makes good points. I don't hate Elmo either but I do miss the unity of the street :(

Anonymous said...

Jenn, it's right here-

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/109788.html

Meredith Lewis said...

Will baby bear be celebrating hanukah again?

Anonymous said...

Can we just get rid of Elmo? This is a horrible idea!