As previously reported, Sesame Street is going to celebrate its 40th anniversary this November with the release of "Sesame Street: 40 Years of Sunny Days", a brand-new 2-disc DVD set. Featuring nearly six hours of classic Sesame Street stories, songs, Muppets and celebrity segments, the 2-disc collectible set spans the renowned show's four decades, includes never-before-seen archival footage and a limited-edition hardcover commemorative book.
"Sesame Street: 40 Years of Sunny Days" features a wide selection of iconic segments of past and present from Ernie's bath-time song "Rubber Duckie" (season 1); to Kevin Clash's first episode as Elmo (season 17); to Maria and Luis' wedding (season 19); to Abby Cadabby's arrival on Sesame Street (season 37), and much more. Fans can also watch some of their favorite celebrity segments including such guests as James Taylor, Pattie Labelle, Smokey Robinson, Robert de Niro, Destiny's Child, Alicia Keys, and Feist!
Additionally, this set will include an array of exclusive bonus features including never-before-seen behind the scenes footage, cast and crew interviews, and so much more. The fine folks at Genius Products have provided us with a complete break-down of the special features to be found in this commemorative set. Enjoy!
DVD Bonus Features:
- An interview with Jon Stone, Emmy-winning writer, director, and producer who was involved in the creation of Sesame Street, on research and curriculum, and the barriers the show broke.
- An interview with legendary puppeteer Carroll Spinney on Oscar the Grouch.
- Leslie Carrara-Rudolph and Jason Weber talk about the creation of Abby Cadabby,
- Behind-the-scenes rehearsal footage of several songs including "Guess The Seasons," "Hello, Hello," and "Friendship Song".
- Exclusive archival footage featuring incredible behind-the-scenes studio rehearsals with cast, puppeteers and crew including the making of the Muppet, Nobel Price, green screen passes of Elmo and other characters and even a production meeting discussion.
- An interview with Kevin Clash about the origin of Elmo.
- An on-screen pop-up trivia feature with fun facts about Sesame Street.
- A special peek into how everyone's favorite characters come to life.
- A limited edition, hard cover commemorative book.
- And much more!
This collection is truly an amazing anniversary celebration for fans young and old. The commemorative two-disc DVD set "Sesame Street: 40 Years of Sunny Days" will be available on November 10, 2009 (the 40th anniversary, to the day, of the show's premiere) for only $29.93 - pre-order your copy today!