Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Michelle Obama Visits Sesame Street

While addressing a crowd at the United Nations in New York yesterday, First Lady Michelle Obama announced that she had just visited Sesame Street, and she was absolutely giddy from the experience. "I'm thrilled to be here, but I was just at 'Sesame Street' — I'm sorry," Mrs. Obama said. "And I never thought I'd be on 'Sesame Street' with Elmo and Big Bird and I was thrilled. I'm still thrilled. I'm on a high!"

The First Lady visted the set of Sesame Street to record a public service announcements for Sesame Workshop’s Healthy Habits For Life Initiative. In the PSAs, Michelle Obama and longtime Sesame Street resident Elmo chat about the importance of eating right, exercising regularly, and being a healthy and positive role model.

"I think it's probably the best thing I've done so far in the White House. But we were there talking about nutrition and healthy eating, and it's just been a thrill."

Look for the PSA to begin airing soon. I will be sure to keep you updated with more information on these PSAs and Mrs. Obama's visit to Sesame Street as more information becomes available.

No comments: