Monday, April 27, 2009

Sid the Science Kid Soundtrack to Feature a Selection of Scientific Songs

The Jim Henson Company is planning to release an all-new collection of songs from their hit PBS series "Sid the Science Kid" in an exclusive Amazon.com album. "Sid the Science Kid: Soundtrack - Volume 1" will feature 18 original songs from the show's first 20 episodes - with tunes covering such scientific topics as tools and measurement, transformation and change, the senses, and health.

The CD will be released on Amazon.com next week - May 4, 2009; but you can already pre-order a copy. Hopefully "Volume 2" (featuring the songs from the second half of the 40-episode series) is not too far off.

Also on May 4th, in celebration of Mother's Day, PBS will release a free ringtone of the show's popular song "I Love My Mom". The exclusive ringtone will be available for a short time at pbs.org/parents.

I will be sure to keep you updated with the details on all the upcoming "Sid the Science Kid" products as information becomes available.

Track Listing:
1. Sid the Science Kid Theme Song
2. I Love My Mom / Looking for My Friends
3. Checkin' Out Charts
4. I Magnify
5. My Best Guess
6. A Pirate's Tale
7. It's Not Scary It's Decay
8. You Look Different
9. On Penguin Pond
10. Cooking Is Chemistry
11. It Feels Good To Be A Snake
12. Detective Story
13. The Look Around
14. Waves of Sound
15. Ruth's Tooth
16. Delicious Nutritious Band
17. Journey of a Germ
18. Work Your Body

No comments: