Friday, December 21, 2007

More Henson Plushes from ToyVault in '08

Last year ToyVault Inc. acquired licenses to produce plush dolls and collectibles based on two Jim Henson classics - "The Dark Crystal" and "Labyrinth". The first products in each of these lines were released earlier this year – a plush Fizzgig from "The Dark Crystal" and a plush Sir Didymus from "Labyrinth". Since the debut of these two products the fans have been wondering whether or not they can expect more fantasy world collectibles from ToyVault, and when any more products would be rolling out.

I contact ToyVault to find out about the future of these two lines, and was told that they have a slew of new products planned to roll out in 2008. The fine folks at ToyVault provided me with a glimpse at their tentative 2008 release schedule and a list of the Henson-themed items fans can expect to see. The release dates and specifics have not all been locked-in yet and things could always change, but here is a sneak-peak at some of the products ToyVault is currently working on and planning to release in2008.

Dark Crystal:
• Dark Crystal Pillow
• Plush Jen (with rotocast vinyl head)
• Plush Kira (with rotocast vinyal head)
• Plush Augrah
• Plush Mystic
• Plush Landstrider
• Plush Fizzgig Hand Puppet
• Plush Pod People

Labyrinth
• Plush Fiery
• Plush Goblin
• Plush Ludo
• Plush Hoggle
• Plush Didymus with Ambrosius
• Hangable Plush Door Knockers
• Ludo Plush Slippers

4 comments:

D0C70RWH0 said...

How cool would it be to have one of those voice chip sets in the Labyrinth knockers that lets them "talk" to each other with their dialogue from the movie? I would love to have one that goes "Ba-ba-ba-bummmmm...certain death!" when I open my door...

frogboy4 said...

I know not all the toys they've released look stellar, but I am very glad this beloved Henson project is getting a second life. I could use some Ludo slippers!

But, hey - no plush skesis? I think they could be cuddly too.

cmrpaul said...

I too am looking forward to the Ludo slippers.

Scott B: You're thinking of Alph and Ralph and Tim and Jim (http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Four_Guards) that are the playing card-like guard dogs. The door knockers are the ones with one with the knocker ring through his ears (http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Left_Door_Knocker) and the other has the knocker ring in his mouth (http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Right_Door_Knocker) and they have the argumentative little exchange.

Anonymous said...

I just got Sir Didymus in the mail today. I expected a little better, but I'll love him just the same. I am so excited about more to come. I hope it is not a let down like Plan B who only made three pieces, with no more in store.