Friday, May 20, 2005

This is a Muppet Newsflash!

Welcome to The Muppet Newsflash web-log. This is now the place to find all the greatest and latest Muppet, Fraggle, Sesame, and Henson news on the web. As many of you know, back in February I started a little blog called the GelflingWaldo Files. That small and casual project grew and flourished. When I started out I had no real idea what the blog would be, and what it would become. After three months, I felt that the site had evolved to a level that I had not considered when starting the little project. The 100+ days working on The GelflingWaldo Files were educational and allowed me to learn what works (and what does not work).

To respond to the needs of the blog I decided to rework the project to a level that met the nature that the blog emerged to be. This new blog will be similar to The GelflingWaldo Files in many ways. Not only does it have the same blogmaster, but it will hold all the latest and greatest Muppet/Henson related news - that includes The Muppets, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, and the dozens of other shows, movies, specials, and properties spawned from the mind, the magic, and legacy of Jim Henson. I will continue to dig up and compile all the news that Muppet-fans crave. This blog, like its predecessor, will be the definitive source for Muppet news on the web.

Aside from a new name there are some changes from the format of The GelflingWaldo Files. First, you will notice a new look to the site. Although the site may appear slightly different, the news reporting and content will still be the heart of the blog.

I also decided to not hold myself to the arbitrary rule of one news story a day. This means that some days there could be no news posted. But it also means that some days there could be multiple news stories posted. I found that news should not be forced when nothing happens or surfaces; these days are not productive and there is no need to flood the blog with irrelevant or repetitive news stories. Also some days I found that many important pieces of information surfaced, and there is no reason to hold news back for another day. Yet given how much is happening these days, I would not be surprised if there still was a news post everyday (or close to it).

Be sure to update your bookmarks to reflect the new blog, and remember, it’s the same great news just with a new name. Feel free to leave any comments on this post with your feelings about the change (or drop me an e-mail). I hope you enjoy

No comments: