Walt Disney Records plans to release “The Best of the Muppets: Featuring the Muppets’ Wizard of Oz” CD Soundtrack on May 17, 2005 (three days before “the Muppets’ Wizard of Oz” TV debut). The compilation will be led by the brand new songs that appear in the new TV-movie, accompanied by some of the Muppet’s classic hits.
This CD marks the first commercial release of Muppet media since Disney acquired the Muppets last year. The Muppet’s Holding Company hopes that the success of this CD will allow them to justify more collections, re-releases, and new recordings featuring Muppet music. The upcoming disc contains the six (6) new songs written for "The Muppets’ Wizard of Oz", and nine (9) Muppet classics.
This collection was not only created to supply fans with the tunes from “The Muppets’ Wizard of Oz”, but it also allows Disney to share some of the Muppets’ most memorable (and marketable) songs from the past. By including such hits from the Muppets’ catalog, Disney hopes the release will attract past fans, casual fans, and new fans alike. Many hard-core fans are disappointed that eight out of the nine “classics” also appeared on a 2002 CD compilation, “The Muppet Show: Music, Mayhem and More”; Disney states that the success of this album would allow them to dig into the Muppet music archives and release more treasures in the future.
The CD will be in stores on May 17, 2004 with an average retail price between $9.99 and $15.99.
1. Kansas - Ashanti
2. When I’m With You - Ashanti & Kermit, Gonzo, Fozzie, Pepe
3. The Witch Is in the House - Miss Piggy & the Electric Mayhem
4. Calling All Munchkins - The Munchkin Tap-your-knuckle Choir
5. Good Life - Ashanti
6. Nap Time - The Electric Mayhem
7. The Muppet Show Theme - Featuring the Muppets
8. Mahna Mahna - Mahna Mahna & the Snowths
9. (It’s Not Easy) Bein’ Green - Kermit
10. Rainbow Connection - Kermit
11. Lady of Spain - Marvin Suggs and his Muppaphone
12. Halfway Down the Stairs - Kermit and Robin
13. What Now My Love? - Miss Piggy
14. Tenderly - The Electric Mayhem
15. Happy Feet - Kermit the Frog